Executive Committee - 2018-2019 OFFICERS
- Tanya Nicholson, President
- Alexis Shuler, Vice President
Standing & Special Committees *denotes Chairperson, all positions are appointed
- Bylaws & Standing Rules - *Tanya Nicholson
- Founder's Day - *Alexis Shuler
- Helping Hands/Outstanding Educator Awards - *Michelle Dargai
- Honorary Life Membership - *Michelle Dargai
- Legislation - *Glorya Porter
- Liaison Committee - Akron Public Schools representatives
- MACK Awards - *Tanya Nicholson
- May Banquet - Combined with Founders Day (Feb. 2017)
- Membership - *Tanya Nicholson
- Reflections - *Jill Hiles
- Scholarships - *Tanya Nicholson / Jill Hiles
- Silver Acorn - *Michelle Dargai
- Student Volunteer Awards - *Tanya Nicholson
- Table Rental - *Beth Stanley
- Technology/Webmaster - *Brenda Smith
Executive Committee - CLUSTER ADVISERS
- Kenmore/Garfield - Vacant
- Speciality - Lauren Presutti
Eleven Reasons WHY YOU Belong In PTA
PTA’s strength is its national membership. When PTA speaks on behalf of children and youth, we are heard from the principal’s office to the president’s office. Membership in PTA makes you a part of over 100 years of service to children and schools.
PTA bylaws and procedures ensure that each PTA – from the local unit to the National PTA – operates democratically and protects the rights of each member.
The effectiveness of any organization is determined by the caliber of its leadership. PTA is often the training ground for a community’s leaders because we provide printed materials and workshops on programming, budgeting, leadership skills, and parliamentary tips
Ohio PTA leaders provide field service and counseling for problems which arise. As part of a state and national organization, local PTA units exchange ideas and gain new insights from others’ experience.
Ohio PTA and National PTA, through government and foundation grants, develop needed research and programming in vital areas such as parenting, drug and alcohol abuse, critical television viewing skills, comprehensive health education and the arts.
Ohio PTA distributes an Annual Resource Guide of valuable program suggestions, membership promotions and PTA information to each unit president. Each president also receives “Our Children” which includes “What’s Happening in Washington” from the National PTA and the Ohio PTA"The News”. These useful periodicals are available to all members at modest subscription rates.
National PTA promotes PTA activities and membership through news releases, public service announcements on radio and television, and a public service advertising campaign in magazines.
Ohio PTA provides blanket federal income tax exemption through the Internal Revenue Service for all PTA units and councils. Your local PTA unit is considered a 501(c)(3) because of its affiliation with the Ohio PTA.
Annual district conferences, state and national conventions, and workshops permit all PTA members to make their voices heard in the shaping of PTA policies.
Ohio PTA and National PTA speak out for children before the “Big Boards of Education” – the Ohio General Assembly and the United States Congress.
Ohio PTA has no paid lobbyists and PTA volunteers monitor legislation, testify on bills, and keep PTA members informed on the latest educational legislative issues. Join the Ohio Partnership PTA TODAY!
It takes a village to raise a successful child.
Please consider where you can use your talents to help the next generation of students succeed!
There is nothing like the feeling of knowing that you inspired a student for success!
every child one voice